The East Lake Youth Football and Cheerleading Organization (ELYFC), currently known as the East Lake Eagles, was founded in 1982 as the East Lake Bandits. Our league is currently a member of the Pasco Athletic League (PAL) which consists of 10 teams in Pasco and Pinellas Counties. We typically have ~170 football players and ~80 cheerleaders participate in our program.
Our football fields are located in the East Lake Youth Sports Complex, 3555 Old Keystone Road, Tarpon Springs Florida, 34689. The East Lake Youth Sports Complex is a private facility which receives county funds to manage the facility. No county funds are used for equipment purchase or to support the program directly. ELYFC is a non-profit corporation run completely by volunteers and funded through registration fees and donations.
- To inspire youth, regardless of race, creed, color, religion, sex or financial status to embrace the ideals of sportsmanship and physical fitness.
- To bring the area youth closer together through a common interest in sportsmanship, physical fitness, and athletic competition.
- To aid in the education and development of our youth into good citizens and good Americans.
- To aid in the sponsorship of supervised activities for youth.
- To promote and stimulate public interest in the education of our youth and youth activities.
- To do all things necessary, incidental and conducive to accomplish this purpose.